I originally wrote this in my last post about the twins, but I decided to take it out because it really warrants its own post. I am a cranky, sleep-deprived mama, so I know I don't give Cody enough credit. It is hard sometimes not to be a little bitter when breastfeeding, just because it can be overwhelming to be the only feeder of babies, and tethered to either the babies or a breast pump every few hours. So I am sometimes super jealous when the night nanny comes and I am getting up at 3am to pump while he is getting an uninterrupted 7-8 hours of sleep. This might cause me sometimes to not be as appreciative as I really am, because, really, our house would not be running if it wasn't for him and I know that.
True, I am the primary feeder of babies, but Cody is basically doing Everything Else. For example, laundry, dishes, straightening up, grocery shopping, playing with Charlie, getting Charlie out of the house when he is too wild to be around the twins, dealing with the breast milk storage (he is a total expert!), taking care of Junebug, the list goes on and on and on. And he has been doing it all for a VERY long time, as most of it is stuff I wasn't supposed to be doing while gestating the twins either. And he doesn't even complain, he is even nice about it! Thanks honey!! Oh and that doesn't even take into account that fairly demanding full-time job he has that allows me to take an extended maternity leave and hire extra help with the kids and house. He's been working really hard and still manages to be home by 5:30pm on most days to help with our most challenging hours at home (somehow all 3 children manage to be crazy from 5-7pm, they are totally the witching hours as Charlie starts to get tired and out of control, dinner needs to get on the table, and both twins have the inexplicable but common newborn need to be held for 2 hours straight). He is the best husband and dad we could ask for. I do know that I don't give him enough credit on a daily basis, so hopefully this blog post is a start to being more regularly grateful for my awesome hubby. Charlie definitely thinks Cody is his best friend and the best dad ever - and I totally agree!
Monday, May 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm going to frame in my office :).
ReplyDeleteSounds like an awesome guy, I just had twins, 7 weeks ago, a boy and a girl, I also have a 3 year old boy, my hubby works from 5 am to 5 pm 5 or 6 days a week, so I don't get much help from him, it gets very overwhelming taking care of the twins, and trying to entertain a 3 yr old, and clean, do laundry, make dinner, take out the garbage, try to sleep and shower, it really is a very tiring job. Sounds like your doing good though, just had to vent a little, I've had about 2 hours of sleep, and my 3 yr old will be up anytime now, so got to get some caffeine in me so I can stay awake.
ReplyDelete