Thursday, May 3, 2012

Charlie-isms

Kids say the darndest things, don't they?  I don't think I appreciated that expression until I started conversing regularly with a toddler.  Charlie talks pretty much non-stop, and has some pretty funny, interesting, imaginative (ahem, aka totally false) things to say.  I'm going to try to occasionally post some highlights before we forget!

  • "He open his eyes up, see Charlie!" or "She open her eyes up, see me!" - this is what Charlie typically says after his exuberant grand entrance into our bedroom in the morning, when he pretty much invariably wakes up one or both of the twins.  I would be impressed that he uses the proper gender agreement, but I am usually just wishing he hadn't woken them up...

  • Scene - In the rocking chair, singing and chatting before bedtime.
Charlie: I wear undies when I peepee on the potty like a big boy!
Mommy: That's right, when do you think you might start going peepee on the potty?
Charlie: Someday!

  • "Andoo supposed to be here, Nowah supposed to be there!" - said as he lifts up my shirt and points to two corresponding moles on my stomach.  I tell him that is where Andrew and Nora used to be, but he corrects me that they are supposed to be there.  Freudian slip from a jealous toddler?

  • "Put Andoo in the swing and play trucks with me" "Give Nowah to Gaga, blow bubbles with me!" and countless other variations on that theme.  Boy knows what he wants and how to get it.

  • Scene: Dining Room, 7:30am
Gaga/Daddy/Mommy: What would you like for breakfast Charlie?
Charlie: Cake!

  • Backstory: Charlie knows that Daddy goes to work, that Uncle Chris takes MARTA to work, that Auntie Emily goes to school, etc., he always wants to know where people are.
Scene: Driving to Auntie's house.
Charlie: There's a park!
Mommy: No honey, that's a school [Ashford Park Elementary School]
Charlie: Dat Auntie's school!


2 comments:

  1. Don't forget me loading up the van on Saturday and him poking his head over the seat and saying "Hola Amigo!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I was forgetting one! The funniest part of that one is that you had no idea he was learning Spanish in preschool. Ha!

    ReplyDelete